Winners of the
Biopesticide Awards 2019
The first Biopesticide Awards were presented at a prestigious awards reception and presentation on the evening of 2nd July 2019. Finalists were selected by a panel of five judges from the academic, commercial and technical sectors, who were highly qualified in their respective fields.
Click here to see the gallery of photos from the Biopesticide Awards 2019.
Opening the Biopesticide Awards 2019, Chairman, Dr Minshad Ansari, hailed a "shared vision for industry growth" that was evident in the investments being made in new facilities and expansion by so many shortlisted entrants. Businesses stretching across the biocontrol sector were celebrated for their achievements, as eight outstanding entities scooped the awards:
- New Bioinsecticide Product: Ecolibrium Biologicals
- New Biofungicide Product: Ecoflora Agro
- New Bionematicide Product: Ecospray
- New Semiochemical Product: Eco-FP
- New Biostimulant Product: Maxstim
- Innovative Research Project: Agbio Systems
- Industry Collaboration Award: Bionema and Birmingham University
- Outstanding Achievement Award: Dr Shakir Al-Zaidi, Founder and Chairman, Russell IPM
Richard Salvage from Maxstim accepted the award for New Biostimulant Product
Commenting on this year's entries, Biopesticide Summit Chair, Dr Ansari said, "Many congratulations to all the finalists on reaching the shortlist – and huge thanks you to all our entrants for the time and energy they put into their entries for the Biopesticide Awards 2019. The standard of entries this year has been exceptionally high, making our judges’ task extremely hard".
The event ended with a final announcement that The Biopesticide Awards 2020 would continue in recognising outstanding achievements in the biocontrol sector, as the event becomes an important part of the annual calendar.
More information about the 2020 Awards will be available soon.
Subscribe to our mailing list for updates.