2nd - 3rd July 2019 Swansea University, United Kingdom
Bionema Limited in conjunction with Swansea University are to host the inaugural Biopesticide Summit in July 2019. This will address the pressing need to develop alternatives to chemical crop protection.
The Biopesticide Summit 2019 will focus on developing and introducing innovative Biocontrol solutions that will help protect our food chain.
The Global Biopesticides market is increasing. Worth around $3.36 billion in 2016 and is projected to reach $8.82 billion by 2022, at an annual growth rate of 17.4%.
Despite significant growth in the Biocontrol industry, major limitations with current Biopesticide solutions are rarely discussed. There is an urgent need to develop innovative products and application technologies to not only “fill the gaps” in the market due to pesticide removal but also to anticipate future requirements as pests and diseases are develop resistance to chemical products. There is also increasing consumer demand for growers to eradicate the use of chemical pesticides in crop production and to grow fruit and vegetables with reduced detectable residues.
Biopesticide Summit 2019 will:
- Cover the global challenges facing end-users and regulators today and in the near future.
- Examine new tools and methods being used to accelerate discovery of new biopesticide products.
- Hear about innovative technologies, novel formulations and application strategies; highlighting how they can be used to deliver high quality formulated products for better efficacy in different cropping systems.
- Bring together academia, industry and investors to commercialise novel innovations.
Benefits of attending:
- B2 Matchmaking meetings with any of our collaborators in order to share ideas, products, form relationships or get any advice you need, in collaboration with EEN.
- Gain research and excellent development guidance from expert speakers.
- Learn about the new methodologies being pursued in the discovery of new biopesticide formulations and delivery methods.
- Discover how advanced technologies and formulations benefit food security, human health and the environment.